This is where we send you your ballot paper(s) around 10 days before the election. You simply mark your ballot papers, sign a statement, and post these back to us in a pre-paid envelope we provide. We need to receive your ballot paper(s) and statement by 10pm on election day.
To vote by post vote you must:
- Be registered to vote
- Send us a completed application form by 5pm on the 11th working day for an election (this is 5pm on Tuesday 20 April 2021 for elections taking place on 6 May 2021)
To apply to vote by post please download and print a form from the Electoral Commission’s website (external link) and then either email a scanned image to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or post it back to us at:
Electoral Registration Office
George Meehan House
If emailing a scanned image or a photograph of an application form please ensure your image is of good quality and your signature is clear.
If you do not have access to a printer or would like us to post you an application form, please:
- Complete our e-form:
- Email us at email@example.com
- Call us on 020 8489 1000 – please note staff are currently working from home, which has reduced our telephone capacity. Please use our website or email us where possible
Cancelling your postal vote
If you want to cancel your postal vote, we need a signed request in writing to authorise us to do this.
You can have a proxy vote if you cannot get to the polling station on polling day. This is where you appoint somebody to vote for you. They can go along to your polling station and cast your vote.
There are different application forms (external link), depending on why you can’t get to the polling station. Make sure you complete the right one.
- Usually, you need to apply at least 6 working days before election day
In the exceptional circumstance that you are involved in an emergency situation on Election Day, you will be able to register for an emergency proxy vote by phoning 020 8489 1000 before 5pm on election day.
If your proxy is going to be away from home on the day of the election, they can apply for your proxy ballot paper to be posted to them.
If you need help or further information, please contact us by:
- Tel: 020 8489 1000
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, you can write to the Electoral Registration team at:
- Electoral Registration Office
George Meehan House
London N22 8YX
More information about all forms of voting is available on the GOV.UK website (external link).